C4 Forums | Control4

IrUSB QHID question

Tagging @videostorm since this involves their great little IrUSB device.

My Google Fu is failing me and I cannot find a reference source for all the QHIDCODE commands for Android TV devices, specifically the nVidia Shield.  I had a reference for them 4 years ago but have since lost it. Could anyone point me in the correct direction please?

Thank you,

Eric

19 hours ago, Eric Stiff said:

Tagging @videostorm since this involves their great little IrUSB device.

My Google Fu is failing me and I cannot find a reference source for all the QHIDCODE commands for Android TV devices, specifically the nVidia Shield.  I had a reference for them 4 years ago but have since lost it. Could anyone point me in the correct direction please?

Thank you,

Eric

Hi Eric,

The QHIDCODEs are built into our C4 driver (to respond to navigator commands etc).  Are you looking for a specific code that isn't available via navigator?

Our protocol for the QHIDCODE mapping is at: https://www.video-storm.com/manuals/IrUSB_protocol.pdf

The Android reference for the base HID codes is:  https://source.android.com/docs/core/interaction/input/keyboard-devices#hid-keyboard-and-keypad-page-0x07

1 hour ago, videostorm said:

Hi Eric,

The QHIDCODEs are built into our C4 driver (to respond to navigator commands etc).  Are you looking for a specific code that isn't available via navigator?

Our protocol for the QHIDCODE mapping is at: https://www.video-storm.com/manuals/IrUSB_protocol.pdf

The Android reference for the base HID codes is:  https://source.android.com/docs/core/interaction/input/keyboard-devices#hid-keyboard-and-keypad-page-0x07

Welp, this goes to show why I was never able to get into true programming as a lot of this I just find confusing. 😂😂 I was really just wanting a good QHIDCODE reference just for the sake of having it. The two most important commands (2002035 for home and 2000052 for sleep) I already have thanks to you providing them to me 4 years ago in another thread. Except that looking at the PDF you linked, it lists a completely different code for sleep. So now I'm even more confused.😂

Sleep is 0xc 0x0034  which translates to 2000052 in QHIDCODE    (conversion detail in the protocol manual, but mainly just hex to dec conversion)

Technically it is Android KEYCODE_POWER in the table.  The Android key code column lists how each HID key is used (or ignored) by Android.

On 4/22/2024 at 10:04 AM, videostorm said:

Sleep is 0xc 0x0034  which translates to 2000052 in QHIDCODE    (conversion detail in the protocol manual, but mainly just hex to dec conversion)

Technically it is Android KEYCODE_POWER in the table.  The Android key code column lists how each HID key is used (or ignored) by Android.

Part of what throws me off is that in the IRUSB protocol manual SLEEP is listed as QHIDCODE3002000 

34 minutes ago, Eric Stiff said:

Part of what throws me off is that in the IRUSB protocol manual SLEEP is listed as QHIDCODE3002000 

USB defines multiple codes for power / sleep / suspend etc.  Android in turn chooses how to interpret these, and different platforms sometimes do it differently.

In practice, the Sleep 0xc 0x0034  which translates to QHIDCODE2000052 is the one that works the best.  The others aren't wrong, they just may not do what is expected.