C4 Forums | Control4

I thought I had a great Idea today... My master bedroom tv does not have the COP on it. It only has an ir for controlling the TV. I thought if I split the signal coming out of one the the controllers I would have the circle of power GUI on it, I really only wanted it to see my ip cameras in the middle of the night without going to the MTS. Strange to me I was unable to split the signal coming out of the controller. Is there a special splitter. Is this even possible?

Thanks

Matt

How did you split the signal? This is possible if you do it correctly? Even after you split the signal there will still need to be programming changes in C4 that your dealer will have to make so you can view the COP on the additional TV.

How did you split the signal? This is possible if you do it correctly? Even after you split the signal there will still need to be programming changes in C4 that your dealer will have to make so you can view the COP on the additional TV.

Thanks

I had an inexpensive splitter from Radio shack. It was clearly marked. I used the video out on the controller to the input on the splitter. then my two outs one to the living room TV and the other to the Master bedroom room. What was odd to me is I lost the signal to the living room tv also. I remembered there were different splitters I needed when I had Dish network sometime ago.

Matt

Yup. Connections must be made, a 2nd room created, plus IR routing to the 2nd TV. Not as simple as it would seem.

I would be happy to even switch rooms from the remote. If I could get the signal split. I will take it to the next level.

Thanks

Matt

It's probably not an active splitter so there is not enough signal to power 2 TV's from a single passive y cable.

You can certainly split the navigator to multiple displays, but you will need an active, powered splitter for the video and the programming changes mentioned above.

It's probably not an active splitter so there is not enough signal to power 2 TV's from a single passive y cable.

You can certainly split the navigator to multiple displays, but you will need an active, powered splitter for the video and the programming changes mentioned above.

Thanks

I will pick one up now and see where it gets me.

Matt

You can certainly split the navigator to multiple displays' date=' but you will need an active, powered splitter for the video and the programming changes mentioned above.[/quote']

Thanks

I will pick one up now and see where it gets me.

Matt

With the right splitter this is easy to do, but will require your dealer logging on remotely and making the binding and room changes.

Please let me pick your brain one more time, Over the last two days I have been to Best buy, Radio shack and 6th Ave. no one knows what I talking about.. but I bought the best splitter from each one of them and nothing worked. I will return them shortly. I assume I need to buy one online. Can you refer me to someone or even sell it to me.

I have found a few for hdmi but not for coax.

Thanks

Matt

Archived