C4 Forums | Control4

Rhapsody in the Controller software

As advised, just log into your Rhapsody account on their website and you can search and make all the playlists you want, they should then show up in your music playlists. One thing that I found confusing was that my Rhapsody playlists showed up under digital music rather than under Rhapsody on my iPhone app.

I have not used the C4 iPhone app in depth yet. Is the Rhapsody implementation limited on the iphone app? Can you still search and browser genere's from the iphone, or only from the touchpanel?? I noticed they cleverly word the features on the Mobile Navigator cutsheet:

Rhapsody* Playlist Support – View and play existing Rhapsody playlists and see Rhapsody song information and artwork.

*Rhapsody requires a monthly service fee.

Also, can you 'deep link' a genere radio station to begin playing from one of the 8button keypads. For example, I want to setup a 'Welcome' button that would start the Rhapsody Jazz station in the Living Room and Dining room and Hip Hop in the Master Bedroom. This is possible, right?

Sorry for the newb questions, I'm just a new dealer trying to get a grip on the limitations of the C4 system. Thanks!

Also, can you 'deep link' a genere radio station to begin playing from one of the 8button keypads. For example, I want to setup a 'Welcome' button that would start the Rhapsody Jazz station in the Living Room and Dining room and Hip Hop in the Master Bedroom. This is possible, right?

Definitely possible. I use 4 buttons on a six button keypad located by my door out of the bar onto the lower deck, to start music on the deck as well as control the volume up or down. and to turn it off as well. The button that starts the music is also programmed with double and triple tap programming to start preset Rhapsody music channels. 1 tap - country 2 taps - jazz 3 taps - MTV current hits.

I do the same in the living room. Makes it quick and easy to start., stop, and control the music volume without having to grab a remote or touch screen/iPhone.

Archived