C4 Forums | Control4

4XEM POE IP Camera

Seefour

I am looking for a good low (to no) light POE IP camera. I have been disappointed by the ability of Panasonic IP cameras to handle low light. I have come across 4XEM IP cameras; has anyone any experience with integrating these into C4? Thanks.

^I can't agree with your blanket statement regarding Pany cams. I use them and they are rated at down to 0.04 Lux in color night mode. I checked out a comparable $650 4XEM and the Lux rating was nowhere near that of a Pany 735. In fact, the 735 will best the Axis 214 in night mode and I own both.

^I can't agree with your blanket statement regarding Pany cams. I use them and they are rated at down to 0.04 Lux in color night mode. I checked out a comparable $650 4XEM and the Lux rating was nowhere near that of a Pany 735. In fact, the 735 will best the Axis 214 in night mode and I own both.

Thanks for the response. I didn't see the capability of the BB-HCM735 so I will check that out. Would it handle a dark indoor room at night with no light source?

I have been looking at the 4XEM cameras w/IR for such environments.

Thanks.

It seems the integrators like using analogs more than IPs. The cost is close after factoring-in the server so the choice is up to the HO. pharmdsmith and I will stick with IPs and the dirt-cheap magic Pany box!

The only other comment I can think of is the resolution is good on paper (for the 735/715) but I wonder about the net outcome. Motion produces some strange artifacts (on the outdoor application) that I don't see on the $1,300 Axis viewing the same scene.

Archived