C4 Forums | Control4

Ipod Dock and Speaker Point

Quick question, I have a HC-300 with my cable box audio plugged into the HC-300 only RCA audio inputs to stream cable audio(audio channels, tv channels) throughout my system. I just got an ipod dock and now don't know where to plug it in? Can you plug it into a speaker point and distribute audio to not only the speaker point speakers but the rest of the network? What other options do I have?

Did you get the C4 ipod dock ?

You will need to have the driver added into your project along with making all the proper programming bindings so that the audio will stream from the speaker point to the rest of the system.

Did you get the C4 ipod dock ?

You will need to have the driver added into your project along with making all the proper programming bindings so that the audio will stream from the speaker point to the rest of the system.

Yes, I did get the c4 ipod dock. I just got it and my installer wasn't sure if I could plug it into the speaker point and it would properly distribute audio to the rest of the system. Will it?

It can be hooked to the speaker point, but in programming the speaker point needs to NOT be in local amp mode. Then the iPod dock needs to be added into the project, assign static ip, and then properly binded. The key is the local amp mode setting for it to distribute into the rest of the system.

Archived