C4 Forums | Control4

New Customer - 300 may need the 1000

rwupson

Ok - so IT geek here trying to push the envelope on my system, may need to upgrade to the 1000.

First Off - Great Product - has great potential!

Current Issues:

1. Serial Driver for Denon 3310ci - very quirky - Suggestion on a better driver would be great?

2. Remote is very sluggish when switching between menus - some times 2- 3 second delay - makes ya think you did not push the button so you push it again and then it catches up and moves 2 times. ARGGG! - Any suggestions?

3. Curious when setting up scenes/macros from a 6 button switch, is there anyway to tell the remote what state you just invoked. Issue is - I have a scene that turns the TV on, put is on a specific channel, sets volume a good level. However when I sit down if I want to change the channel I have to navigate through the menu on the remote. Is there a way to tell the remote to change to tv so I can then change the channel and turn the volume up with out having to run through the entire menu again?

Great site looking forward to some advise.

Thanks

While I can't provide you advice, I can tell you that you're 3rd question isn't working correctly. I have 6 buttons that turn the tv to specific video sources too. When I pick up the remote it is always in sync with whatever video source is currently playing. I just pick it up and change channels or volume or what not. I'm sure someone will chime in on the problem. Sounds like some initial programming wasn't done properly.

1. Ask you dealer about Denon drivers. There's a number of OEM partners coming out with certified drivers from what I understand. Denon is one of them.

2. Sounds odd. How are you controlling the deivces that are lagging ? if IR it could be as simple as increasing the repeat count of the IR codes, or more complex like a IR cable problem or interference with your zigbee comm's. Again this depends on the specifics of your install. Check with your dealer.

3. Is it possible you have your remote bound to a room that is different than the room you're using it in ? Without more detail on the use case that's about as much as I can offer.

@ tinytom... I have never seen a problem between C4 and DirecTV. And if you are using the original remote and having probs, I'd say it is a prob with DirecTV itself. DirecTV is what I use, all my family uses, and the ONLY service provider that I will recommend to any client. And it is rock solid if installed properly.

@ OP... is this a DIY or are you going through a dealer?

2. Remote is very sluggish when switching between menus - some times 2- 3 second delay - makes ya think you did not push the button so you push it again and then it catches up and moves 2 times. ARGGG! - Any suggestions?

3. Curious when setting up scenes/macros from a 6 button switch, is there anyway to tell the remote what state you just invoked. Issue is - I have a scene that turns the TV on, put is on a specific channel, sets volume a good level. However when I sit down if I want to change the channel I have to navigate through the menu on the remote. Is there a way to tell the remote to change to tv so I can then change the channel and turn the volume up with out having to run through the entire menu again?

Great site looking forward to some advise.

Thanks

+1 on dirrectv dvr, same problem, if some other service (cable tv, dvd) what is you zigbee network (how far is a remote from controler) other thing to remember is that remote is a sleeping device, so it takes time to wake up, jump back on network etx.Is delay happening only when screen is off or everytime you press a button?

3. I will quess that, since you say "macro" you build a macro for button press. That is not how you program control4. Your script should say:

when button 1 is pressed, select dirrectv as a video source in family room

and not:

when button 1 is pressed, send on commend to receiver, tv, sat box,

set tv to input 1, receiver to sat, etc etc.

it is not a universal remote, it's a pretty smart system :)

you should check this out for tips on programming http://c4central.com/

RSMOLO - you are right -- I agree I am still thinking of this system as an old school macro remote. CAn you recommend a site of discussion to give me tips on programming, maybe examples, that I could use? I am sure that there is alot of this on this site. I will look around however a link to this content would be great.

Thanks

RSMOLO - you are right -- I agree I am still thinking of this system as an old school macro remote. CAn you recommend a site of discussion to give me tips on programming, maybe examples, that I could use? I am sure that there is alot of this on this site. I will look around however a link to this content would be great.

Thanks

Check out c4central.com, we've got a lot of good info there.

Discussion on the writeups can be done on the corresponding thread in the "Programming with Composer HE" subforum. There is a thread created by me for very how-to writeup.

Enjoy, and welcome.

@ tinytom... I have never seen a problem between C4 and DirecTV. And if you are using the original remote and having probs, I'd say it is a prob with DirecTV itself. DirecTV is what I use, all my family uses, and the ONLY service provider that I will recommend to any client. And it is rock solid if installed properly.

@ OP... is this a DIY or are you going through a dealer?

My C4 system is dealer installed and dealer maintained. I had the problem with the Diredt Tv lagging remote prior to the C4 install and still have the same problem with the C4 Remote. The Direct Tv system was also installed by a Direct Tv dealer. I agree the problem is with Direct Tv. I think that is what I said in my original post

Archived