C4 Forums | Control4

sony bdp cx960

mtech

does the driver for the 7000 also control this blu-ray player as well

or is the driver able to be modified

it seems i have come into this item for like next to nothing the wife went out with the girls and it seems for helping move one of them her x- has let some equipment that i manage to acquire for helping

No. As a matter of fact I don't think this will integrate with C4 at all. The problem (if I recall correctly) is that the remote lacks an IR code C4 needs. It was something like that.

Will the person that had this problem chime in here?

There's a thread here about it that you could search for...

I remember the problem. That bluray changer doesn't allow for direct disc selection. C4 can't tell it to play disc 194, the movie must be selected from the Sony GUI.

You can use it as a video source, but you won't be able to have the disc selection integrate with the C4 GUI.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

thanks for the answers so far

but it would be nice to integrate this for the cost

It would be nice, but it's not Control4's fault. Sony doesn't have the IR code for direct disc selection, nor does this model have IP or RS-232 control - so simply use Sony's GUI instead of Control4. It's not a total waste.

thanks for the answers so far

but it would be nice to integrate this for the cost

It would be nice. Unfortunately it's impossible.

Sorry.

Just use the Sony GUI I guess. That, of sell it and buy the right one from srhamy.

I have this device and spent a lot of time researching this issue. Basically, its as stated above. The Sony device has no ir code to select a specific disc. Therefore there is no way to get c4 to do that function. I still use my bdpcx960 all the time and have it integrated with c4. I just have to use the Sony GUI instead of integrating the c4 menus. It works great and at the time when I bought mine, the model with the rs232 port was about 1000 dollars more expensive....

Archived