C4 Forums | Control4

Control 4 slow, delayed response time to commands

bruce

Have Control 4 system and experiencing very slow response time to commands.Using hand held remote It seems that the system locks up for approximately 30 seconds, then performs all of the commands entered during that freeze time.. Have changed batteries, but this did not help. Have updated the software and am at my wits end.. Anyone have a solution, besides replacing the system?? Am still under warranty...

Thanks, Bruce

Bruce, it is hard to diagnose a problem when we know nothing about your system. Are you trying to run a huge project off an HTC or HC200/300?

You need to get way more specific about your system before anybody will be able to help much. I have to think replacing it with the same equipment wouldn't solve the problem, but you never know for sure.

Tell us more about this system and I am sure more people will be able to offer better advice.

Thanks, guys for responding and I apologize for not submitting more info on my Control 4 problem.

Right now, I am only using Control 4 to control my TV and music.

Model is: HC-300B w/SR-250 remote

I do not use internet services to control the system, but I use Time Warner as my cable service

How do I verify the software version?

More specific to my issue, when I change channels, the system will just "hang" and not perform the operation immediately. It takes about 30 seconds..

If I subsequently push more buttons to change to other channels or another operation, all of the operations are performed one by one with a 30 second wait for each to complete.

Thanks, Bruce

Thanks, guys for responding and I apologize for not submitting more info on my Control 4 problem.

Right now, I am only using Control 4 to control my TV and music.

Model is: HC-300B w/SR-250 remote

I do not use internet services to control the system, but I use Time Warner as my cable service

How do I verify the software version?

More specific to my issue, when I change channels, the system will just "hang" and not perform the operation immediately. It takes about 30 seconds..

If I subsequently push more buttons to change to other channels or another operation, all of the operations are performed one by one with a 30 second wait for each to complete.

Thanks, Bruce

Does this happen all the time, or only right after the TV is turned on?

for what its worth I have the exact problem and have not been able to solve it, I'm on 1.7.4, I did try to have the remote removed and reidentified but that only seemed to make it happen less but never solved it

Archived