C4 Forums | Control4

USB offline

I know,

it will work, than it will stop, a lot of times after rebooting conntroller it will come back, than after a month will say offline etc.

last time, it was probably 2 years ago, when I called TS about it that is what I was told, "there is a problem with usb, use NAS if you can".

I know its more expensive, but I just do NAS since than and it works fine.

On my own system i use usb connection and it works.

I'm just saying that there is problem with that usb and I don't think there is a fix for it.

What is Nas exactly? which model should I get. Will it play my movies also. Hopefully there is stock in South Africa. How much does it cost?

I looked up on previous post and apparently one should power cycle the controller? I've disconnected power and rebooted with the ID button. Am I missing something?

NAS=Network attached storage, its a hard drive with network connection that you can access from any device on the network, pc, media player, control4 controller. Price will depend on the size that you want, since you are thinking about playing movies check post about media players and recommended nas drives.

I know,

it will work, than it will stop, a lot of times after rebooting conntroller it will come back, than after a month will say offline etc.

last time, it was probably 2 years ago, when I called TS about it that is what I was told, "there is a problem with usb, use NAS if you can".

I know its more expensive, but I just do NAS since than and it works fine.

On my own system i use usb connection and it works.

I'm just saying that there is problem with that usb and I don't think there is a fix for it.

Hell of lot more expensive!

Does not work. A while ago Dan told me that I could download xmbc software, get the driver from my dealer and connect my graphic card with my TV. My dealer is very busy these day and I surpose this is something very small to come out for. I'm having a birthday party at my place this weekend so I'm desperate. Could someone please help and load this driver remotely. I have never done anything remotely so I would need to be explained from a-z.

Archived