C4 Forums | Control4

DSC IT-100 Users Come In Please

Looking to verify a potentially bad unit here. This unit is returning 1000ms comms heartbeat instead of 500ms for a healthy signal. Unit needs power-cycling after a controller reboot (strange) and although controller "sees" devices and reports-out status of device, any associated composer programming will not execute (VERY strange).

Short of ripping this one out I thought I'd see if anyone else is seeing kookie behavior out of this module.

Short of ripping this one out I thought I'd see if anyone else is seeing kookie behavior out of this module.

I've had one for a year... and no "kookie behavior". No power cycling required after a controller reboot and programming works great. My module sits next to the HC300 and about 50ft from the alarm panel. I have no idea how to check the "heartbeat", but if it's easy and you want to tell me, I can check it out and report back.

to narrow down the possibilities, plug the module into your hc.

then extend the 4 wires that go to the module from your bus.

this will help rule out a serial cable

if the problem still exists then it might be the it100

Never had any problems with my IT-100. I had to reboot my HC300 earlier this week and the arming status changes variables correctly without me doing anything to the IT-100.

I have the unit by my alarm panel with a ~50 ft cable run. I'm using cat 5 cable with two cat 5 to serial adapters.

I've had one for a year... and no "kookie behavior". No power cycling required after a controller reboot and programming works great. My module sits next to the HC300 and about 50ft from the alarm panel. I have no idea how to check the "heartbeat"' date=' but if it's easy and you want to tell me, I can check it out and report back.[/quote']

Condier yourself lucky I suppose. Control4 acknowledges a bug with the IT-100.

Condier yourself lucky I suppose. Control4 acknowledges a bug with the IT-100.

Before I had the DSC system installed, I asked if there were problems integrating with C4. Here's what the always helpful RyanE had to say way back in Dec 2008:

DSC systems are good, pretty comparable to the GE Concord, although they're a *little* more work to get setup.

They created a new serial module after we met with them, and it's much improved. The IT100 is the serial module you need.

http://www.securitysystemspro.com/DSC-IT-100-Data-Interface-Module-p/dscit-100.htm

It works much better (has a better serial protocol) than the 5401 serial module it replaces.

RyanE

Still not sure what the "bug" is or why you're having a problem. (And for what it's worth, I'm also guesstimating the "heartbeat" I'm getting is closer to 1500ms)

^A second and a half is about what I'm getting so the developer's manual for the product is slightly wrong. I too am not sure what the bug is, I was just notified of it. Thanks for your info!

Let me restate the above. The bug is that motion-tied programming will not execute even though sensor state change is properly reflected within Composer and the TSs. This condition follows a reboot of the HC that is connected to the DSC IT-100. The workaround to this is to power-cycle the IT-100 immediatey after the controller comes back up.

Everything else related to the IT-100 will function fine before the power-cycle except motion-related actions such as turning on a light upon sensing motion. I have no idea what C4 is thinking is wrong, I am only told that the see the problem.

It's pretty damn anoying to think I have to rig the IT-100 power to a controller relay and invoke a DO remotely. I want it fixed intelligently.

The bug is that motion-tied programming...

Ah, ok then. I had a DSC motion sensor in the initial install, but don't any longer... I now have CardAccess motion sensors which seem to have a lot more functionality and flexibility in the programming.

• 1 year later...

I've had one for a year... and no "kookie behavior". No power cycling required after a controller reboot and programming works great. My module sits next to the HC300 and about 50ft from the alarm panel. I have no idea how to check the "heartbeat"' date=' but if it's easy and you want to tell me, I can check it out and report back.[/quote']

Isn't the module be inside the alarm panel?

Did you connect it to the HC300 with a female to female serial cable?

I installed mine in the panel but I couldn't connect it because the serial cable I got is male to female. Am I doing something wrong?

Archived