C4 Forums | Control4

4Sight Alarm issue

It seems that when I log into my 4sight account, it shows that my alarm system is disarmed. However when I click on the alarm icon, it then shows that in fact the Alarm is armed. See pics.

Any ideas why this happens? It also affects my programming, ie I have it programmed so that when Alarm set to away, e-mail a certain account (to tack kids' movements).

Thanx in advance.

I had a similar issue with a vista 20p/icm module. I had gone to the honeywell setup on the web and made some zone name changes and told it to email me for things. This caused it to fight with control4 and do exactly what yours is doing. The solution was to go to the honeywell setup webpage and under advanced somewhere reset the icm to scratch, then did the firmware upgrade. Since then it's worked perfect.

I had a similar issue with a vista 20p/icm module. I had gone to the honeywell setup on the web and made some zone name changes and told it to email me for things. This caused it to fight with control4 and do exactly what yours is doing. The solution was to go to the honeywell setup webpage and under advanced somewhere reset the icm to scratch, then did the firmware upgrade. Since then it's worked perfect.

What firmware versión are you using. I am having a similar problem with a ADT 3000 en (20p) and an ICM.

Can you still receive emails from the ICM?

Thanks for your help.

I'll have to check the version when I get home. If you have anything configured via the honeywell setup page, wether it be zone names or email notifications then you need to reset your icm to clear all that out. Then do the firmware upgrade and exit the setup. When your dealer makes all the contacts/zones in composer and binds them then they can name them whatever you want and that is what will show up on the GUI. Then in composer HE you can tell it to email you whatever you want based on the zone or alarm states and everything shows up correctly. All your programming and 4 sight will work 100% correct.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you.

My dealer is great, but even he was stumped by this problem.

He reset the Vista to "factory" and all works great.

This forum is fantastic.

Thank you again for your responses....

Archived