C4 Forums | Control4

kwikset lock on navigator and 4 sight ?

I have installed a kwikset lock and I would like to know how it shows up in navigator and 4sight.

I did read the instructions in composer 1.82 but, I do not understand why it has to be tied with a relay if its zigbee.

If the lock has to be tied in connections- is it just a dummy connection ? We are using a hc300 and are out of relay ports.

We can contol the lock with the hard buttons on the 7in panel but, it does not show up on screen.

I picked my lock in connections and the connect to is blank. This is where im stuck...at the bottom on device input (relay)

It shows my fireplace connected to the relay. That's the only spot that I can make a connection. I tried to delete the

fireplace and just have the door lock as a connection. That did not work. Is there a driver in Composer (door lock relay)

that the instructions say to add ?

The lock is not tied to a *relay output* like on a controller, it's like it *IS* a relay output. It's tied to a 'Door Lock' software device.

The relay binding (connection) is to tie to a software 'door lock' relay driver, so the 'door lock' can show up on the current QT navigator. That door lock driver then tells the lock to lock and unlock, and shows status.

RyanE

Thank You Dan and Ryan...........Sorry for the confusion ! The instructions that I was looking at was in composer 1.8.2.

When selecting the door lock under system design, next to properties tab is documentation (instructions).

I think I got it.. I will load the program on Tuesday and check it see if it works. Thanks again

Archived