C4 Forums | Control4

Wifi slowing zigby?

Has this happened to anyone? When I download over wifi at 2.0 MBps / sec on my network. My C4 remotes stall and become slow?

If so - how do I fix this. I have the newest apple dual band router (this happened prior to this router as well)

Thanks

Has this happened to anyone? When I download over wifi at 2.0 MBps / sec on my network. My C4 remotes stall and become slow?

If so - how do I fix this. I have the newest apple dual band router (this happened prior to this router as well)

Thanks

I have run into this issue after upgrading to Zigbee Pro. I had to play around with the channels on the WAP and the Zigbee. I was able to find a happy medium.

I am going to try to change zigbee channel.. I think I have two zigbee servers running. One on the HC300 main and one on the media controller.

Will keep you all posted!

Why two? You can only have one per channel... do you have two channels in your home? Note that channel changing can "island" nodes if they don't get the message - be careful.

Some dealer recommended it on here given that my HC300 sits on the top right of the house (6000 sqft) and I have no light switches on the top ... so the remotes downstairs were extremely slow.

I can try turning that one off and see how it goes. But I don't want to fiddle with the WIFI cause its two airport extreme routers tethered together with security.

Wish I had a "nice" dealer who wasn't so busy all the time :(

Archived