C4 Forums | Control4

UPGRADE:control 4 - 2.0

can I upgrade my self to 2.0 version it looks better than the older one with out dealer and if so,any issues?

You can't upgrade yourself. There are many things to consider and verify before an OS 2.0 upgrade is done. Hardware might need to be replaced.

can I upgrade my self to 2.0 version it looks better than the older one with out dealer and if so' date='any issues?[/quote']

You can't upgrade yourself. There are many things to consider and verify before an OS 2.0 upgrade is done. Hardware might need to be replaced.

I have HC-200 currently.Does it support 2.0 ? and how much usually dealer charges for the upgrade?

I have HC-200 currently.Does it support 2.0 ? and how much usually dealer charges for the upgrade?

The HC-200 supports OS 2.0. It is important to verify that all the other C4 equipment in your system supports OS 2.0. I will assume that you have an SR-150 or SR-250 remote so that also supports OS 2.0.

It would probably be best to contact a local dealer to determine how much it will cost to upgrade your system.

You also may want to consider the fact that OS 2.0 is more resource intensive than older versions, and a single HC-200 running the on-screen Navigator will run slower than the previous Navigator.

This is where bringing in a knowledgeable dealer can be very useful.

RyanE

You also may want to consider the fact that OS 2.0 is more resource intensive than older versions, and a single HC-200 running the on-screen Navigator will run slower than the previous Navigator.

This is where bringing in a knowledgeable dealer can be very useful.

RyanE

Jus for HC-200 with SR-250,I am having lot of issues and my dealer technician hardly resolving the issues.I dont think i can go for upgrade,make my self in troubles.Just checking pro and cons with upgrade.

Thank you for all your inputs!

Just as many here got their feet wet with 1.8 before moving-on to 2.0, I suggest sorting-out your existing system and then moving on. Actually, if you have a small system, you might just stay on your existing OS for awhile anyway.

I just upgraded to 2.0 a few days ago and am quite disappointed. I should have stayed with the old version. I have an HC500. I don't think it works well unless you have a HC1000. Loading of large volume of music such as Rhapsody Libraries are as slow as watching grass grow. I also have problems with new apps such as facebook. It just doesn't work.

Archived