C4 Forums | Control4

Cameras

Help Please. I am pulling out my hair on this one. My dealer is mia again.

About a month ago I replaced my router. It is set up and working correctly. I have 4 panni cameras and 4 others at my office. Currently I am unable to see any of my cameras on my mts or on my media controller GUI. I also have an hc300 and the cameras show up on this GUI correctly. The cameras also are configured correctly. I can access all cameras from any other location. However, this media controller does not show my the cameras. The cameras are configure correctly within C4. The ip for the media controller is currently assigned from the router. I had it set up as static and it still did not work. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Matt

Are the cameras wireless? Does the new router use a different wireless DHCP subnet than the old router? Wondering if that could be the cause....is everything that still works on wifi?

Thanks the camera are not wireless. They are POE but they do work on the hc300. Just not any of the MTS or the media controller

• 2 weeks later...
LOL Well my last post was not the answer either. My problem is still there. I assume it could only be the router.

If I had a dollar for every time someone blamed the router I would retire. :D

If the cameras are working on the HC-300 than it might be a problem with the MTS.

I doubt it was port forwarding since the devices are on the inside of your network and port forwarding is for external access.

Can you access the cameras with a PC?

What is the topology of your network. Router and switch models would be helpful too.

LOL Well my last post was not the answer either. My problem is still there. I assume it could only be the router.

If I had a dollar for every time someone blamed the router I would retire. :D

If the cameras are working on the HC-300 than it might be a problem with the MTS.

I doubt it was port forwarding since the devices are on the inside of your network and port forwarding is for external access.

Can you access the cameras with a PC?

What is the topology of your network. Router and switch models would be helpful too.

Thanks for your time.

The cameras work from any computer, local or otherwise. The camera also work using my.control4.com. The cameras work from the hc300 intermittently. In addition if I reboot the router the cameras will work on the mts or the gui for a few minutes. Everything worked fine until I replaced the router. What else could it be? I agree that it is probably not port forwarding. However, I am using the network IP and not the local 192xxxx ip. One more thought, 4 of my cameras are from my office and they are not working either through C4. My assumption is the is a port closed or blocked with a firewall or something on the media controller. The other night I opened a port 5102 and forward it to my media controller. Once I did that it worked for a few minutes or so. Just long enough to get that warm and fuzzy feeling that you get when you figure something out that is gnawing at your brain for a few weeks.

I am using a Verizon router (m142wr) and a netgear 16 port switch (jfs516). Oh I also have a netgear poe 4 port switch. This for 2 cameras and one mts.

Matt

to whom it may concern! I finally go everything working (well at least as of this posting)

First I replaced the router. (henniae was correct it was not the router) After the network was up and running I reset the media controller (a hard reset) THREE times before it freed up whatever it was holding onto. It is working for three days now. So the issue is hopefully behind me.

FYI I am still waiting for my dealer to show up. It is over three weeks. Got to love it!

Every time I think I have a decent company, I lose them! I am in constant search for the perfect company!

To top it off I over paid him 50.00 on his last service call. They told me about it and they were going to issue me a credit for my next call!

50.00 bucks wasted!

Archived