C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung TV keeps going into standby

Deleted

Ok guys, are there any experts on TV out there?

I have a situation where a customer is happily sitting in the 'Now Playing' screen and listening to his music.

However, after a short while the TV goes into standby, to bring it back out of standby the customer hits the C4 button which in turn brings the COP back up, he now has to navigate back to the now playing screen, and on and on....

He has a Samsung LED TV, UE46B7000.

It seems as if the TV is thinking that there is no signal so goes into standby for powersaving, not that I know for sure though.

Any ideas how he can ensure the TV stays on?

Sounds right to me, Controluserguy. Also, there have been issues with the Samsung displays of the audio dropping out as well - upgrading the firmware of the display will fix this issue.

As an aside, some displays now power off the display after, say, 15 mins if there is only audio connected and no video (even after turning off power-saving)... for example, if you are listening to say pandora via an iPhone/iPod, and have a stereo-to-1/8" cable plugged in to an input and no video is plugged in (and therefore sensed), the display will power off (even if music is coming out of the speakers)... the solution/work-around is to feed the input a video feed that is off. For example, I just plugged in a cable box (via RCA) that was powered off... This fixed the issue...

Thanks guys - I was hoping it would be something simple and as soon as thecodeman mentioned screen saver I thought it was probable. I haven't had chance to have a look yet.

I did ask the customer about other C4 screens and apparently the same thing happens while sitting on the COP. It does look very much like a screensaver issue. I have checked the system and there are no screen savers set up but perhaps he has set the screen saver to 'blank' while experimenting with the system.

This is something that he sets locally isn't it from the COP? There isn't anything I can check remotely is there?

Archived