C4 Forums | Control4

Question for the experts

Anyone know of a pendant that my grandmother can wear that when she is a certain distant away and it stops communicating with its receiver it closes a contact or relay so I can have my C4 project send out an alert over the system... we keep losing her and Id like a head start next time... right now I have a few card access items monitoring but a proximity pendant or similiar would be better!!!!

Twist your brains guys,, ive been searching the web for hours!

im thinking like a wireless dog collar thing, when they get to far it sets of a signal to the base to turn on the alert, wonder if they make something similiar that the pendant tells the base its out of bounds and then the base closes a contact

The technology is available to monitor who is in a particular room in order to adjust lighting, temp etc. I have not seen them in action but a reference is made here regarding the set up Bill Gates has in his home. You may be able to track down something if that is what you are looking for.

http://www.tacorp.com.vn/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1235:ngoi-nha-thong-minh-cua-bill-gates&catid=106:tin-tuc&Itemid=332〈=en

Archived