C4 Forums | Control4

New System/Old House

Phknlwyr

Hello All:

Just moved into a new (to me) house and am missing my old Control4 system at the old residence. I brought 1 HC-300 box and remote control with me to the new house. We are renovating and have all family room walls open and access to the attic to drop wires into the master bedroom. There is no cad5 wiring/drops in the house and want to avoid the expense of having to install that throughout. Master bedroom is directly above family room, so I plan to put new system/rack in a closet in the master bedroom and lead speaker wires etc through closet floor down into family room throughwalls (again, presently open). That said, I plan to do the following:

55" plasma TV with surround sound and subwoofer in family room. Family room will also have Control4 light dimmer switch.

55" LED TV in master bedroom with surround sound and Control4 dimmer switch.

Both rooms in question also have gas fireplaces that I would love to activate/deactivate with my Control4 remote.

I also plan to install a Sonos system in 5 zones in the house.

Old house had rack with Marantz Surround Sound, Niles Intellicontrol with Sirus and iPod modules, an amp, battery back-up, and FiOS boxes. Pretty basic but I loved it!

So here are my questions:

1. Is one HC-300 box sufficient to address my needs?

2. I assume that I will need an additional remote for either the family room or master bedroom?

3. Can you operate a gas fireplace (presently controlled with a light switch) with Control4?

I serve as counsel to a local Control4 authorized dealer but do not wish to bother them with such a small project but will when it comes time to program. Thanks for any help, guidance, and advice.

Should be.

2. I assume that I will need an additional remote for either the family room or master bedroom?

An addition remote would be nice. You could just carry the single remote from room to room but that would be a hassle.

3. Can you operate a gas fireplace (presently controlled with a light switch) with Control4?

Yes. there are several ways to do this depending on the existing wiring.

I serve as counsel to a local Control4 authorized dealer but do not wish to bother them with such a small project but will when it comes time to program. Thanks for any help, guidance, and advice.

Not sure what this means. :D

Hello All:

Just moved into a new (to me) house and am missing my old Control4 system at the old residence. I brought 1 HC-300 box and remote control with me to the new house. We are renovating and have all family room walls open and access to the attic to drop wires into the master bedroom. There is no cad5 wiring/drops in the house and want to avoid the expense of having to install that throughout. Master bedroom is directly above family room, so I plan to put new system/rack in a closet in the master bedroom and lead speaker wires etc through closet floor down into family room throughwalls (again, presently open). That said, I plan to do the following:

55" plasma TV with surround sound and subwoofer in family room. Family room will also have Control4 light dimmer switch.

55" LED TV in master bedroom with surround sound and Control4 dimmer switch.

Both rooms in question also have gas fireplaces that I would love to activate/deactivate with my Control4 remote.

I also plan to install a Sonos system in 5 zones in the house.

Old house had rack with Marantz Surround Sound, Niles Intellicontrol with Sirus and iPod modules, an amp, battery back-up, and FiOS boxes. Pretty basic but I loved it!

So here are my questions:

I'm curious how this will turn out. You might be forced into upgrading the system and spending a lot more money just to add two new fireplace switches.

What the current software version on the controller?

I've got a brand new C4 fireplace switch that I don't have use for. If you're interested make me an offer.

Archived