C4 Forums | Control4

How do I control two sources at the same time?

I quite often have the radio on in the lounge, while the TV is playing the rugby.

Problem is if I want to see the score of a different game on another channel, I have to select TV, which turns the radio off.

I can program the left, right, up, down and select keys to do the TV functions while radio is selected, problem is these also change preset and channel options on the radio.

Is my only option to remove the left, right etc.. functions from the driver for the radio - or are there better ways to handle this?

(Noting I don't really want to use the coloured buttons, as they are already in use.)

Thanks.

In my case the Music Control room uses the same drivers and the same amp/receiver, and HD cable box as is in my room called 'Bar'. That way I can start music and watch and control the TV without losing the music and visa versa.

Actually I have an LCD keypad that I use to control the Music Control room. So I use the remote set to room 'Bar' and control the TV, HD cable box, and media PC to the TV, and then I use the LCD keypad set to room 'Music Control' to control either music, or sound from the HD cable box too.

Archived