C4 Forums | Control4

Outlet switch to control tv...

jroza1

I am trying to hook my TV up to an outlet switch so I can control the power on/off functionality and I am having issues. The TV can only connect as a contact sensor or as a relay and I am trying to figure out the best way to make this thing work.

What is the best practice for doing this?

My TV is nothing more than really a monitor as all of the sound and components go through the Receiver. So really all I need is the ability to turn on and off. I did a little research and it turns out the Television has 2 modes, one is "Sleep Mode" where it goes into a semi powered off state and turns on fast or there is the full on, full off mode - so I switched it over and it seems to be working. In my programming I told the switch to treat it as though it is a lamp and it worked as I hoped, so it look like what i need to do is tell the system to turn on the false "lamp" in every MACRO where the TV is required.

The TV is an old Sony Wega 42" Plasma. I paid an arm and a leg for this friggin thing, so I am gonna ride it into the ground... I think when it dies I will pull a Slim Pickens and wave my hat as it crashes into the earth!

Archived