C4 Forums | Control4

C4 / Dune / Zappiti

piratemonkey

Hi.....anyone out here using the Dune player with their C4 control system and possibly also Zappiti as their jukebox?

Trying to get a feel if the C4 iphone app would work with 3rd party jukebox UI's such as Zappiti for movie, coverart control/selection or if that's limited to the default C4 coverart UI?

If not and once Dune gets IP Control for better control with C4, do you think 3rd party apps like Zappiti would work with the iphone app?

Thx in advance!!

Hi.....anyone out here using the Dune player with their C4 control system and possibly also Zappiti as their jukebox?

I've integrated a Dune with IR control, but I'm using something called DuneX as the jukebox. This is a great little scrapper that runs on OSX. What you do is run this program filtering all the movie files that are sitting right on the Dune players HDD. When it's done the user is left with a great Zappiti looking jukebox library of movies with cover art etc right on the Dunes HDD! Control with C4 is then a simple IR affair navigating straight to the movie then playing it right on the Dune player. :cool:

The iPad/iPhone app pushes the IR commands just fine, But of course being IR it's not 2way....

I'm hoping if the IP control code is released by Dune in the next firmware, we might then get 2way cover art, but Im not real sure how this might be done within Control4....

Archived