C4 Forums | Control4

Changing what the volume / mute controls control.

MHotchin

I have a TV and HC300 in a room downstairs. My audio switch (and main controller) is upstairs. Right now, listening to audio from AV sources is horrible, because of huge latency.

I would rather have the audio come out the TV. I can hook it up and get the right noises, but the remote is still controlling the volume for the in-ceiling speakers, through the audio switch. Using the TV remote 'works', but it's silly to have two remotes, onve just for the volume.

How do I tell it (when watching this AV device), that audio controls should be sent to the TV instead?

My dealer is... unhelpful. I've changed the audio endpoints - at least, in System design it claims the Video Endpint is the TV, and (for video devices) the Audio Volume and Audio Endpoint is also the TV.

I've also set the connections so that video HDMI goes to TV HDMI 1, and that the audio Stereo also goes to HDMI 1. But, still no control of the audio on the TV.

Any suggestions?

The issue may not lie in the end points but may be that the driver is not setup correctly. Your dealer (or if you're not happy with your dealer) or an alternative dealer will be able to troubleshoot and setup your system correctly.

Archived