C4 Forums | Control4

New Non c4 Toy -- One of my Best "investments".....

Mongo

got it off of Craigslist -- I was going to build one, but didnt have the time. I bumped into this on CL and I couldn't pass it up!

I decided to go with this one for the 4 player action ( Simpsons, TMNT arcade) and the NES emulator that plays the oldies like Mega Man ( always been my alltime favorite game!)

I built my arcade cabinet in 2005 and bought a 2-player stikstik control panel back when they were in business. I've since upgraded to a 4-player model:) You should head over to byoac to read up on the demise of slikstik which is why I asked...Those arcades are crazy fun...great purchase!

tum

Here is mine that i modified earlier this year. It is a tekken 5 replica cabinet that i rewired to a PC with a IPAC keyboard encoder (for joysticks), Snes joypads, PSX joypads, EMS Topgun lightgun and a 25kg *cough* dance dance revolution stage.

Runs hyperspin-fe as a front end (see link below for hyperspin demo).

Nice. You guys have got me jealous...I need to make one of these!

In my old house we had an arcade, and had 16 arcade games that I purcahse from a local arcade that went out of business. The folks that bought the house REALLY wanted them so they were left behind... 16 was too many anyways...having one of these with a nice display is the way to go.

I think I might add this to my project list!

got it off of Craigslist -- I was going to build one, but didnt have the time. I bumped into this on CL and I couldn't pass it up!

I decided to go with this one for the 4 player action ( Simpsons, TMNT arcade) and the NES emulator that plays the oldies like Mega Man ( always been my alltime favorite game!)

Mongo, not to be nosey, but may I ask what the going rate for one of these suckers is?

got it off of Craigslist -- I was going to build one' date=' but didnt have the time. I bumped into this on CL and I couldn't pass it up!

I decided to go with this one for the 4 player action ( Simpsons, TMNT arcade) and the NES emulator that plays the oldies like Mega Man ( always been my alltime favorite game!)[/quote']

Mongo, not to be nosey, but may I ask what the going rate for one of these suckers is?

Brand new, on ebay or with a couple of the vendors online that make them, your looking 2k to 3k. I bought mine on CL, the guy wanted $1300, but I created huge interest, then kept beating him down on price for about 3 weeks. End result, picked it up for $800!

If your technologically inclined like Alan ( Damn thats a sexy arcade) -- you can build one for probably about $1000 ( depending on how big the monitor is) -- I am not, so I went the buy used route.

If you do decide to buy used, make sure to check all the games you really want to work, because finding working Rom's can be a PITA. This is a great resrouce for either fixing, buying or building arcades..http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php

Here is mine that i modified earlier this year. It is a tekken 5 replica cabinet that i rewired to a PC with a IPAC keyboard encoder (for joysticks), Snes joypads, PSX joypads, EMS Topgun lightgun and a 25kg *cough* dance dance revolution stage.

Runs hyperspin-fe as a front end (see link below for hyperspin demo).

Hey Alan,

How hard was it to set up Hyperspin. My system came with Gameex as its front end, but from the Demo of Hyperspin there, I am digging it. I am not computer genius by any means, I am ok enough to read and learn from forums and such - is the setup overwhelmingly complicated?

I am running MAME, SNES, NES, PS1, emulators.

I actually didn't build my machine. I just rewired it. Mine is actually a real arcade machine that I bought off an arcade wholesaler. It came with jamma wiring and all. Hyperspin is a bitch to setup for non mame systems but is well worth it. Check out hyperspin-fe.com for more info.

For those interested mine cost me $3000 for the macine and $600 for the computer.

I actually didn't build my machine. I just rewired it. Mine is actually a real arcade machine that I bought off an arcade wholesaler. It came with jamma wiring and all. Hyperspin is a bitch to setup for non mame systems but is well worth it. Check out hyperspin-fe.com for more info.

For those interested mine cost me $3000 for the macine and $600 for the computer.

Hey Alan,

You got that right, the MAME setup was so nice and smooth, but trying to setup my Nintendo emulator is proviing to be a pain in the ass! I am working through finding some themes, and video for Mame, before I try to tacke the NES emulator again.

ALthough, this FE is pretty damn sweet!

PS -- good luck with your new job!

Chris

Hey Alan,

You got that right, the MAME setup was so nice and smooth, but trying to setup my Nintendo emulator is proviing to be a pain in the ass! I am working through finding some themes, and video for Mame, before I try to tacke the NES emulator again.

ALthough, this FE is pretty damn sweet!

PS -- good luck with your new job!

Chris

http://emumovies.com has a large collection of preview videos. Registration is free however if you want to do a huge amount of leeching then you will need to pay for membership. Membership is quite cheap anyway. I've been working on my hyperspin setup for about 1/2 a year now trying to get everything else nice and pretty. I would recommend that you also become a gold member for Hyperspin. You will get access to their FTP which makes downloading themes and everything else quite easy.

Archived