C4 Forums | Control4

Can anyone help with an AXIS 241Q install?

Nope. supposed to be motion-JPEG right? I have the right camera (#1) selected.

Just went and checked my BNC fittings at both the camera connection and axis server connection and both are good.

It has to be a setting or something.

Camera has power, I can see the IR leds all lit up.

And under the LIVE view, under setup/system options/ports&devices/ it shows normal state & current state as the same. Says if they are the same then the port is probably inactive, which isn't good.

Using this camera: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160475728015

Ok, I've double checked my compression fittings (BNC) at both ends 5x.

All dip switches on the Axis 241q are in the bottom position.

Camera is getting powered (can see the red IRs at night around the outside).

Haven't been able to check via TV/moniter only yet with the 241q taken away.

I'm getting this as a picture (scrolling white lines) in LIVEVIEW, and yes I checked all 4 inputs to make sure I didn't have a bad one:

• 1 month later...
IP of camera appears to be 192.168.0.105

have my username/password filled out in the driver

I'm getting a "Image Retrieved/Settings Correct" last reply with a status of device addressed.

NO PICTURE though

Hi, I was wondering if you had any luck in the end with the installation of your axis 241q in the C4 system. I also purchased this server, I can connect to the camera via LAN/WAN using the Axis management application, however I can not get C4 to connect to the 241q encoder. In the C4 driver do I use the LAN's IP address of the video encoder or the public IP of the router? I tried both ways and I get the same message: device not addressed. I saw in your posting that you actually got a response from the 241q which I can not seem to get. Any help will be appreciated, of course from any other member that has this device up and running in their C4 system. Thank you

Thank you Angus. That will be the IP address of the 241Q in the local network where I am using it. In my case that will be 192.168.1.122 (I used a fixed address for the video encoder). Is there anything else in the video blade that needs to be set-up in a certain way in order to allow connection to C4?

I removed the driver and installed it again, now I get the message :"Image retrieved. Settings correct". However, I can not seem to get a picture from the video card through the C4 navigator or maybe I do not understand how this device is supposed to work with C4. For example I created a popup message for one of the navigators so that when I push a custom button I get an image URL where I used the name of the camera 1 connected to the encoder. It does not work. Could somebody please shed some light how is the axis encoder (or any IP camera) supposed to provide images on the navigator? Thank you in advance for your time.

I just found the camera under "House". I can see the picture from the camera. This means I do not need to create separate buttons to see the cameras. Well the next thing is to create some events and see how that works in terms of sending/providing an image when door bell is activated or garage door opens, or interior motion activates, etc. If somebody can share any of these implementations it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

• 1 year later...

Archived