C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat

d.jakes

Thats what I thought.... I am looking for a wireless temp sensor. I need to be able to measure the temp. in a location where it is absolutely impossible to get a wire too. And do I with complete stability, i.e. no issues. Thought about going with a Card Access device, which Im sure would work, but not without out a ton of programming. Any ideas... Anyone?

OK, so I get 24 vac to this remote thermostat, which has no direct connection to the HVAC system what so ever, how do I make it tell a thermostat that is wired to the HVAC system what to do. No way to do it in comproser pro through programming in any way I've found

The situation we are up against is this. We have a thermostat location which is less than ideal for monitoring the temperature on the main floor of the house. The HVAC contractor mounted it right up against the trunk line for the HVAC system. Therefore, the temp. readings that the thermostat sees are way off from what the rest of the main floor area is actually at. Thats why there is a need for a wireless remote temp. sensor or this remote thermostat idea we've been tossing around. There is no way to get any cable of any type to another location in the house... hence the wireless need.... follow now?

^Yeah, that was pretty clear the first time you explained it. dogdvr already said to get a C4 stat. You could go with a CA relay and just do the programming for various Ts (it's not a big deal to put this together and I've done it). The thermistor in the CA part is no worse than the one in a C4 stat (which isn't saying much for either), but this will get you where you need to be generally speaking.

PS: Weird as it sounds, you could just locate the stat right on the HVAC equipment. Why bother with a stat mounted on the wall if you have 7" displays around the property.

Archived