C4 Forums | Control4

10.5 touchscreen won't connect to director

mikesZ06

New member 1st time post. I have a HC300 probably 3 years now. 10.5 touch screen V2. SR250. Wireless thermostat. Upgraded approximately 3 months ago to add doorbell from version 1.7 to 1.8.2 They also suggested I upgrade my router to Airport extreme. They did not tell me that my SR250 would not work with the software version. So after the software upgrade I had to purchase a new remote. Did not try the touchscreen until a short time after, only to find, the touchscreen would not operate. The touchscreen is a WEP and Airport extreme is a WPA. Dealer tried on two occassions to get touchscreen functioning but could not. Took touchscreen back with them approximately two months ago and have heard nothing since. I asked if the problem was the WEP/WPA issue and questioned using two routers. (old belkin router for touchscreen) Also I'm using Composer HE 1.3.1 should I upgrade Composer edition? Did 4site subscription come with software upgrade? To this point, I have put my trust in the dealers ability to advise me, sell me and service my home theatre/control4 system however, considering I have a $2,000 touchscreen that is inoperable I must obviously do some research on my own to rectify my problem. Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue trying to connect a new mts

Instructions says, enter WEP key I checked with irport Extreme and it only has WPA security. There has gotta be something wrong.

btw, I plug this new old unit it says 1.7.1 and I am on 1.82

Can somebody tell me how to connect this MTS with my wireless Airport extreme run network? Thanks

Well, If you had a dealer, he would explain that MTS will only work on wep.

It does not matter what your apple router wants.

And if you have a unit that is on a different version have your "dealer" upgrade it.

But that will not solve your wep vs. wpa problem

Well, If you had a dealer, he would explain that MTS will only work on wep.

That is a good assumption, you would think.

I bought it from a "dealer"

I did not say I had Airport Extreme, and he did not ask either.

While visiting potential "dealers" he offered what I thought was a good deal on the MTS & 7" In-wall. He just said take it home and I'll help you with your install over 4sight. It has been 3 days and couldn't get a hold of him so I just thought I get started play with it while patiently (like a good end user)I wait for his call.

But thanks for clarifying the WEP & WPA part. Now at least instead of waiting for a call either I give it back or get another router. I guess that is also true for the used 7" In-wall I bought from the "dealer".

So far all 40k worth of equipment I got I bought from a "dealer". None of these "dealers" have worked out too well though. But I decided to still try an find a GOOD "dealer"

(I actually did buy an HC200 from a user but at that time I thought he was a "dealer")

Btw, is it OK or advisable to have 2 routers in a project?

Like the OP I did have an older router before I was told by another "dealer" to change it to Apple Extreme

If you have 2 routers in a project be sure the IP is Way different.. ie 192.168.1.1 and 10.10.1.1 etc... otherwise the routers will both be sending out DHCP and could confuse the equipment..

The 7" will work on WPA

OP - I'm curious how you resolved the issue. I tried the 2 router route and if not done properly and cause havoc with your IP addreses and slow down the system.

If you have 2 routers in a project be sure the IP is Way different.. ie 192.168.1.1 and 10.10.1.1 etc... otherwise the routers will both be sending out DHCP and could confuse the equipment..

The 7" will work on WPA

The 7" was Ethernet thank goodness, it worked fine

Is there an upgrade (I'm currently on 1.82) on the MTS firmware in itself to allow for WPA?

Is there a way that the Apple Extreme do WEP & WPA?

Is there an MTS that will take WPA (trade offers?)

Just exhuasting all options before I trade/sell the MTS. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Just to rehash, for any answers from the experts in the forum.

Is there an upgrade (I'm currently on 1.82) on the MTS firmware in itself to allow for WPA?

Is there a way that the Apple Extreme do WEP & WPA?

Would really like to get this MTS going. Thanks in advance

Archived