C4 Forums | Control4

Bryant Evolution integration

johnred

Below is my post with some corrections from a previous thread:

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=6511

I have a Bryant Evolution system. The Bryant dealer agreed to order the SAM module and install it on a trial basis. The SAM box was installed close to the furnace. The Bryan thermostat and the C4 controller were connected to the SAM.

I was on 1.8 at the time and nothing that my very experienced and capable C4 dealer could do would make the system work properly including installing different drivers. The main problem that I had was not being able to control the furnace properly including the ability to adjust the heating and cooling schedules via C4.

The SAM was removed and I am now using the Bryant thermostat and it works perfectly.

Without the SAM or a Bryant thermostat the C4 thermostat was not able to turn the AC on and off properly.

I had heard that C4 2.0 was supposed to address some of these issues but I have not heard of any details.

Just got off the phone with my Hvac installer. He spoke with the Tech department at Bryant and they concur that the SAM is the component, but did not go as far as saying it would work with c4, just said this is the component you would need to integrate with "home automation solutions."

Archived