C4 Forums | Control4

Downgrade from 2.0 to 1.8???

c4pa

hi guys,

I was just wondering if it was possible to take 2.0 items, an HC-300 and an Sr250 remote and bring them back to 1.8. I am guessing that the remote is on the same firmware in 2.0 that it is in 1.8 but I am guessing. I also am guessing that a dealer could restore an HC-300 to 1.8, but would like confirmation if that is possible. Thanks.

You can run a restore on a controller and downgrade to 1.8. The problem is that the firmware for the ZigBee radio in both the controller or other ZigBee devices will not be downgraded. This causes a mismatch between the firmware versions. This is not tested or supported.

Thanks guys, and welcome back Dan.

That is what I was afraid of. I got a great deal on an HC300, sr250 and sr150 that are currently on 2.0. I hadn't planned on making the jump to 2.0 yet, simply because my system is bullet proof now, and the cost of upgrading. But , I do want to upgrade in the near future.

Is that HC300 going to run director? If so, the stuff you bought is already on 2.0, the cost shouldn't be that high. You already have 2.0. That's the most expensive part. Find a reasonable dealer to do some remote programming and your off to the races.

Cody, I've been reading that 2.0 is going from "good" to "great'. I guess that is one of the things I was waiting for.

Now that they only have one release to focus on (not three as before with 1.7, 1.8, and 2.0), bugfixes are coming pretty quick. Since June when 2.0 came out, there have been about 3 or 4 maintenance releases.

If you already have 2.0 on your system it`s just a case of adding it to the project and hitting the upgrade button. If you want to move your director to it then that`s not exactly rocket science for a good dealer. Shouldn`t cost a lot. Multiple controllers are the way to go.

Archived