C4 Forums | Control4

New C4 Owner with questions

qVAMPIREp

I've been lurking here for about a year and have finally got my system up and running. I did the whole shebang with Video distribution etc. I'll post details later

My question right now is that I have a Movies icon under my Watch menu that only shows some of the movies in my 400disk bluray player and none of the material on my NAS. Should this show my NAS movies? I can't see anyway to add it in the cover art screen. The NAS doesn't appear at all.

I have tried using composer he but it says my NAS is offline which it isn't. Any ideas?

As long as the IP is set correctly within the project, CHE should indicate it as available. Format is same as drive mapping in Windows (are you specifying correct folder on the NAS?). It should go wihout saying that any user/pass should be entered. Do you spin-down the NAS at some point?

All of my movies appear but none of the tags or cover art display. Is there a way to use my existing tags and pictures or do I need to do these one at a time manually? Where does C4 store the tag information?

Ps. All of my movies on the NAS were tagged with MyMovies

Thanks,

VAMPIRE

All of my movies appear but none of the tags or cover art display. Is there a way to use my existing tags and pictures or do I need to do these one at a time manually? Where does C4 store the tag information?

Ps. All of my movies on the NAS were tagged with MyMovies

Thanks,

VAMPIRE

Well, VAMPIRE, if you go into Media and scan the drive, Control4 will attempt to locate cover art, etc... on it's own. If any are incorrect, you can handle them one at a time.

Thanks ILoveC4,

I think the problem is that my movie titles contain extra descriptions such as movie year and resoultion i.e. King Kong (1933) 480p.mkv

However, why does Control4 not recognize the xml files and cover art tag information already present in each folder? All of my movies are in their own folders and have already been tagged by My Movies and display correctly on my Netgear 9150 player?

It just seems strange to have to do it all again a second time. Is the tag information stored separately on the HC-1000?

BTW... I love your site. Lot's of good ideas in there that I will play around with over the holidays

Thanks for your help, lot's to learn here for sure ;)

No worries vampire, thanks for the compliments...I'm glad you like the site.

You can try to Import your XML file, but I don't know how it will work, I've never tried doing that before. Under the media tab, click on File -> Import.

Good luck.

Archived