C4 Forums | Control4

ROKU and Oppo Drivers

Trying to create drivers for the XD and BDP-83SE in Composer. I've produced a couple of different versions over the last couple of days with none operating quite right, yet. This time through I can't even get the HC300 to deliver the commands to Composer. I see the IR sensor on the 300 responding but nothing is being delivered back to the driver manager. I've tried short presses, long presses, presses from 10', and presses from 2" with no luck this time around. Suggestions?

Figured it out! FYI, if you put the device remote a few inches away from the IR receiver on the HC300 and press the desired button gently... once it accepts the first code, then you can sit on a comfy chair with your laptop and finish the process ;-) Now let's see if they work, then on to macros!

FYI, Oppo is fully functional via the SR-250 but requires a gentle touch of the remote buttons to function properly - very strange. IR codes hit the ROKU okay but no response. Pretty disappointed in C4's ability to function as a universal remote control. I could bring a Logitech device up and running in a couple hours tops. I've got 24+ hrs in troubleshooting on this aspect of C4 so far.

Ha! No, I'm being self-taught ;-) I like the form factor and the simplicity, but I've been disappointed in the Driver setup process. In my opinion, if it accepts an IR code, it should function. I'm guessing that I need to look into mapping some of the special functions to keys, but basic functionality with "matching" keys should not be an issue. And having to gently press the function keys to get the Oppo to respond is just plain odd, in my opinion. I forge on, as I know that at this price level, there is a lot of bang for the buck under the 'hood.

Ha! No, I'm being self-taught ;-) I like the form factor and the simplicity, but I've been disappointed in the Driver setup process. In my opinion, if it accepts an IR code, it should function. I'm guessing that I need to look into mapping some of the special functions to keys, but basic functionality with "matching" keys should not be an issue. And having to gently press the function keys to get the Oppo to respond is just plain odd, in my opinion. I forge on, as I know that at this price level, there is a lot of bang for the buck under the 'hood.

I only asked because a little instruction and explanation goes a long way in this department. It wil work wonderfully once you figure out how to do it.

Also, I'm with Cody...gently press? It isn't pressure sensitive.

IR placement 101 - the logical location is never the right one! I shifted the emitter to partially cover the IR sensor window, and it's now working. It's not a clear "sticky back", so logically you'd want to keep it off the opening, right? Nope ;-) Both ROKU drivers and Oppo drivers are working for the most part. A couple of functions need to be "re-learned". There is certainly a lot of trial and error in building drivers. But I suppose that is true for any manufacturer's system.

Any suggestions on links to learning about mapping the "special" keys? E.G. "Top Menu" or "Pop-Up Menu" for Blu-ray player. Though learned, these codes did not transfer to the SR-250.

Much obliged to all for your responses! I, like the SR-250, am learning!

Okay, so I input IR code under one of the available, known keys versus later "mapping" in a different area of Composer. Onward!

I wouldn't do that. I would map them in Composer.

Edit to add: It makes it a 30 second change in the future when you re-think what you want them to do.

Okay! I've got all but one custom command for the ROKU and three for the Oppo to go. The Composer User Guide was very instructive re: sensitivity of system to external "forces" when capturing the IR codes of device remotes, e.g. light, LED, IR. It is a trial and error process to be certain. I've had no success in addressing the *, -, and # signs on the remote. I even tried mapping the IR codes for these functions to these keys with no success. I'm going to re-read the driver section of the manual for further insight. However, I am very pleased that I'm 99% there toward retiring the four other remotes that clutter my coffee table ;-)

Archived