C4 Forums | Control4

Remote - Of course this is an opinion question?

panamagixxer

What is the best "3rd Party" remote for Control4? Just curious, a friend of mine is using a Pronto and has all his album stuff loaded on it and he can see the album stuff easily and select from it - is there something better than the Control4 remote (bigger display is what I am thinking)?

Which Pronto? I like the looks of the new model just announced.

Not sue of the model, but it is the black and white one. He has an imerge S2000 and the remote works pretty well. I was just seeing if there are any better options than the small Control4 remote. I continue to hear that the 10.5" "remote" continues to drop its wifi connection. If this has been fixed, then I will spend the 2 grand or so for the remote.

I think C4 did took a much wiser path in first offering a very basic and relatively inexpensive remote from the outset rather that trying to impress with an expensive, complicated, gee-wiz remote . Most people will want a bunch of them around the house, so the less expensive the better. Plus, the C4 remote really is very sophisticated in that it's wireless AND 2-way . Very few remotes are 2-way .

I'm sure they have a higher-end remote in the works for places that one might want one (like the home theater) .

We are not allowed to comment on what is coming, but I can tell you to be excited. There are some really amazing products in the pipeline that will make the user experience so much better. The beautiful part is you can get a system now, and always add on the newer pieces as they come out.

Dan

Dan,

Thanks for talking to me a few weeks ago and through e-mails as well. Now, I hate you :-)

Saying something like that really sucks - can you at least comment on the timing? In other words, will the new products be available before year-end or 1st quarter of 07? I only ask because I am investing around $40,000 on my house (8 months from being completed) and would love to have the new products in the install - instead of having to pay "twice" for the upgrades?

Dan,

If you only knew the how your words sting - not the fact that all the stuff will be here!!!!!!!!, but the fact that I signed paperwork in March and they still have not started digging my basement - long story. Anyway, it is safe to say flying cars will be here before my Friggin house is finished.

Wow. 14 months. Ouch.

My home (of course, it was finished 5 years ago, and a custom builder) took 6.5 months, from the hole dig to completion.

I thought *that* was a long time, and part of that delay was because I did all my own electrical, all the tile and wood floor, and a few other assorted items, and I was not quick about them...

RyanE

Man you are killing us ;)

So, let's say I'm getting ready to buy a new remote and possible a new 3.5 MTS....I probably won't even install them until late this year, or early next year....(well I'd probably use the remote)....

Should I buy or wait?

Dave C

Well - C4's track record... it's at least 6 months after they announce something, that it ships (that's being generious too - as its usually been a year plus)... at this point they haven't even announced it yet... so my suggestion? Buy now.

Archived