C4 Forums | Control4

Slingbox Pro HD integration

Ringold

I just istalled my slingbox pro HD using cytex one instructions. A few questions for anyone who can help....

1. I have 2 direct tv's. The "program guide" button on the virtual remote doesn't work well for some reason. I have to hit it about 5-10 times to get the on screen guide to come on. Other buttons seem to work better. It's almost like I don't have the IR blaster buds in the right place....Is there a "sweet spot" to place the ir blaster in front of the HC 300?????? or is this an inherent problem with the slingbox integration.

2. There seems to be about 4-5 sec delay between pressing a virtual button and getting a reaction from the slingbox. Is this normal and expected delay???

Thanks in advance....

Well, it could be characteristic of your connection. The HC-300 isn't picky about emitter placement as far as I'm concerned. Are you communicating across your LAN or are you hitting it from outside?

Aside from no point & click capability (other than the virtual SR-250), I would say the Cytexone driver works as expected.

Outside the LAN....I've played around with it a little more....It seems the commands to the direct tv boxes do not go through unless hitting the buttons numerous times. All other devices seem to work fine. (with the exception of the previously mentioned slow response time.)

Also, I have noticed that when on the c4 circle of power screen, there is an occasional "static" sound. Do others have this issue?

thanks

OK, I've had a few minutes to play with the slingbox integration and have figured out the issue. I will post it here in case anybody else has this problem....

Somehow, some way, the slingbox IR blaster was conflicting with the HR21 DirectTV box IR inputs......I put a square piece of cardboard surrounding the IR input on both my HR21 boxes and all of a sudden the Slingbox integration works perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all for your input.....

Archived