C4 Forums | Control4

<Newbie> Can I change out a driver without my dealer's involvement?

bdm0509

I've got some issues with the driver for my Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray (as well as a few other miscellaneous issues). Is it possible to, for example, purchase a driver from the SOHO shop and replace the driver in my system with the one I purchase? I'm comfortable in Composer Home Edition, but am new to Control4, so I'm not sure where I'd do this.

Any help would be much appreciated. It's much easier if I can do this sort of thing as opposed to having to call my dealer, wait on them to call back, schedule something, blah blah blah... you get the idea.

Thanks a ton; this is a real help, seeing as (for example) the Pause command doesn't work!

Also, for an HC-200 (in my theater), I'd need an RS-232 male to what to connect to the director? I know downstairs, on the HC-300, I have actual serial connectors so I can go 232-to-232, but I'm not clear what the other end of the 232 would need to be on the 200.

Thanks again

Brett

I've got some issues with the driver for my Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray (as well as a few other miscellaneous issues). Is it possible to, for example, purchase a driver from the SOHO shop and replace the driver in my system with the one I purchase? I'm comfortable in Composer Home Edition, but am new to Control4, so I'm not sure where I'd do this.

You can't do this with Composer HE. Your dealer needs to be involved.

Also, for an HC-200 (in my theater), I'd need an RS-232 male to what to connect to the director? I know downstairs, on the HC-300, I have actual serial connectors so I can go 232-to-232, but I'm not clear what the other end of the 232 would need to be on the 200.

It connects to the Director over the network. If you need an RS-232 port on an HC200, they sell an adapter that takes two of your IR outs. Your dealer can get it for you.

Archived