C4 Forums | Control4

Six Button Keypad

dbuono

I have a six button keypad in the basement leading out to the pool. Right now, buttons are arranged as follows:

1 - single tap (turn on music in basement), double tap (turn on music outside at fireplace), triple tap (turn on music at pool)

2 - currently empty

3 - Vol down

4 - Vol up

5 - empty

6 - all off

So two questions relating to this. First, is there programming that can be done to use button 5 to "add" a zone of what is currently playing. For instance, if fireplace area is on, turn on pool? If so, what would that programming look like?

Second, once a new zone is added, can I program the vol up and down buttons to control both, not just a single or the original zone that was turned on?

Any input, thoughts, programming examples would be appreciated.

Thank you.

First, is there programming that can be done to use button 5 to "add" a zone of what is currently playing. For instance, if fireplace area is on, turn on pool? If so, what would that programming look like?

Second, once a new zone is added, can I program the vol up and down buttons to control both, not just a single or the original zone that was turned on?

1. If you want button 5 to add a specific zone that plays the source currently selected in a specific other zone, then it's trivial. If you want button 5 to select one of several zones to add, then not trivial. How are you thinking of using that button to select the zone?

2. Same basic answer: if the second is fixed to a particular zone, then it's trivial -- just add the code to your volume up/down buttons to do the the same to the second zone. You can check things like POWER_STATE or CURRENTLY_SELECTED_SOURCE in the second zone to be sure it's on before changing volume if you'd like, but I don't think that's absolutely necessary. I *think* that changing the volume of that zone if it's not actually playing anything won't have any real effect.

Archived