C4 Forums | Control4

Control4- ADD THIS

CFUG

I have a good idea (probably only in my mind :) ), add a synchronize function for SCHEDULES. What it would do is look at current time and then all SCHEDULES and trigger programming according "look-back" result.

So, here's the situ: You decide your system isn't running at best and try to pull a power-cycle on the controller. Controller reboots, loads your project. In the Project Load script you could put this synch command in to force programming to the last set of trigger times for all programmed schedules.

Sound like a useful thing? Or, does it exist and I've just wasted three minutes posting this??

. . . What it would do is look at current time and then all SCHEDULES and trigger programming according "look-back" result.

Sound like a useful thing? Or, does it exist and I've just wasted three minutes posting this??

Makes perfect sense. I have created something very similar for Crestron systems. For example if power goes out. When the systems comes back up the program compares the current time at start up to what scheduled events should currently be active that were maybe missed during the power outage OR that are no longer active. If it's a scheduled event it will trigger that event at start up. This brings the system and it's scheduled events current. Here is an example.

Say you system loses power at 2:45PM for a half hour and at 3:15 power comes back up. Well in between that time you had an event scheduled at 3PM daily that would lower the shades and set the thermostat to 75. Well since the system was down at 3PM the scheduled event did not trigger. When the system comes back up at 3:15PM the system will not trigger the scheduled event since the time has passed. The module I wrote would have looked at the current time at start up, see what scheduled events should have taken place during the outage and see if they are active. If not the system would trigger them. Thus at start up, the shades would lower and the thermostat would be set to 75 degrees and the system will be on track as if the power outage never happened.

This can be done in somewhat of a manual way. The programming on project load events. It's definitely not as elegant as director evaluating the time / date and checking the current scheduled event and trigger it.

Right, about the only thing Ive done in that area is a SCHEDULES ON during a load. That variable is just used to globally turn on/off schedules but not initialize conditions according to last schedued event(s). Of course, I suppose, if the need to reboot never existed this feature would be next to useless...

Archived