C4 Forums | Control4

Questions on control4

What would I need to control my system ?

Onkyo 905

Dish 722 DVR

Sony VPL-VW85

Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disk player

5 UPB light switches 1 UPB six button keypad (dealer says he can do this because keypad is IR and can use pronto hex codes)

I guess I should of asked more questions but here is what he recommend.

HC-300

Ipad app license

And heck I forget what else. What does it take to get cover art for the DVD player and logos for the sat?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Dealer is installing on Thursday and he called today and asked if I had a cat5 wire to the Sony projector. I told him no but I would have it done before he arrived on Thursday. So I get home from work and look at the projector and it doesn't have a ethernet connection. Is this a problem?

Dealer is installing on Thursday and he called today and asked if I had a cat5 wire to the Sony projector. I told him no but I would have it done before he arrived on Thursday. So I get home from work and look at the projector and it doesn't have a ethernet connection. Is this a problem?

Cat-5 can be used for many things. He probably wants to use it for IR or serial control of the projector.

IR uses 2 conductors and serial uses 3 conductors so Cat-5 is a good fit. I usually double up on the conductors when I use Cat-5.

Why the UPB light switches? Do you already own them and just want to integrate them? You should know that you will not have the same level of control of the UPB as you would with the C4 switches. I can understand if the budget would not allow the C4 lighting control.

Archived