C4 Forums | Control4

Composer can't connect to remote share

I have all of my screen saver images on a NAS device and periodically it "loses" connection to the NAS, even though I can connect to it via Windows Explorer and even ping it on my network. I always know when this happens because I get a blank screen on my 3.5" TS. In composer, the system properties window has everything listed correctly, but it says "Offline" in the status box. If I click the "Connec" button, I get the following error:

Unable to connect to the network share. Please verify the share information is correct.

I know it's correct because once up on a time it connected and worked just fine, but something has caused it to lose the connection. If I reboot my controllers, sometimes that fixes the problem, but that's a hassle (takes ~45min to an hour to get the mesh back up and running).

I have ripped most of my DVDs to a folder on the NAS as well, and the system can access those just fine during these "brown outs" so I don't know why it can't access the screen saver images. I've checked the permissions and security on the NAS and everything is set to full control read/write.

I even created a new share on the NAS with full control and Composer still can't access it.

Does anybody have any experience with this sort of problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a folder on the NAS for storing my DVD ISO files. My system can access them to play them, but Composer can't scan it because it says "the device you are trying to access appears to be offline", so it's not just isolated to the screen saver images. I've checked the login info and it still can't connect. Any ideas on what might be going on?

Archived