C4 Forums | Control4

Honeywell Prestige HD

tgnade

Hi all, new poster. I did a quick search for the Honeywell Prestige, but found no results. Has anyone installed these thermostats before? They are a whole lot nicer appearing than the Control4 thermostats. The Control4 installer I spoke to said he would have to write custom drivers to integrate the Honeywell thermostats properly - has anyone done that before? I can't be the first person out there who is considering this.

Thanks,

Tom

Nice looking thermostat, but there isn't any info on there whether the thermostat can be controlled via IP or ZigBee or anything along those lines.

Control4 can integrate with basically anything that can be controlled, but it can't do much about standalone devices.

RyanE

It is RedLINK enabled, which supposedly allows it to communicate with other RedLINK wireless devices (whatever those may be). My guess is like Ryan said, it is a stand alone unit that receives input from proprietary devices over a proprietary protocol.

I know there are a couple of T-Stats by AprilAire that work with Control4, but I don't know anything about them. Bryant Evolution systems can be controlled as well if you have the SAM (supposedly...I've never seen this in action because I can't track down a SAM).

Archived