C4 Forums | Control4

For all you Moto Xoom fans ....

An early pre-beta of Flash 10.2 for Android has been released into the wild in advance of this Fridays official beta release.

Although the html interface works, the my.control4.com flash nav interface appears NOT to work at present. It could be something in the early release or something code related in the flash ui.

Just a heads up in case someone at C4 wants to take a look.

I just realized my 4Sight Subscription is expired, so I can't play with it right now. I know the flash plsyer that leaked is not the final version and it doesn't use hardware acceleration. I'm happy to have it, but I'll reserve judgment until the 18th when it's officially released.

I find using a RDP app to access a windows computer running the pc version of the control4 app is the faster way to access my system on the xoom compared to waiting, and waiting, for my.control4.com to load.

Any word on an android version of control4 out there?

So many things missing on my xoom compared to my ipad, but it is like comparing apples to oranges.

I've been using the WYSE free RDP app.

Still haven't found a way to set up VPN access on the XOOM, like PPTP or anything like it, but haven't heavily looked. Plus my ipad 2 just showed up, so the XOOM will be gathering some dust for a few days. Will be curious what I find myself reaching for.

My iPad was gathering dust long before I got the XOOM =)

I was told by Cisco that VPN support for their most popular client (the one we use, that the iPhone/iPad sets up for so easy and the most popular one) will be coming soon. That will be nice. The VPN was the only thing I liked better about the iPad, but that has been solved with LogMeIn, and the VPN support will come soon anyways, then I choose.

I've got one project a friend and I are working on right now that will put the XOOM over the top if we can get it together....should know tonight.

• 6 months later...

Archived