C4 Forums | Control4

Wake scenes and iPhone/iPad App

Hello all,

I don't post here often, but I do lurk almost everyday looking for new and cool ideas to implement into my home setup. So I know there is a ton of knowledge here and I am hoping to tap into it to help me with a little problem.

I have a wake scene that I use as an alarm clock in the morning (obviously). The scene itself works absolutely fine as I want it to, except for one issue. Once activated, I can't turn it off. It will continue to trigger every day regardless of whether I want it to or not. This is not appreciated on the weekends I am sure you can imagine.

A little info - I am running 2.0 software and I activate the scene via my iPhone. I turn it off with the iPhone and on the TV and it doesn't seem to matter, the thing is going to go off the next morning like clockwork.

We tried programming this once before with the same result. Last time, I just had the programmer delete the scene altogther so I wouldn't have to wait for him to come and troubleshoot it.

Help please!!

Thanks,

J

Mongo is right on. Just schedule it through the scheduler, so that it only runs on the days you want.

It might be easier to make it conditioned around a variable you can easily toggle, so you can turn it on and off for holidays, etc...

Thanks for the replies guys. I would prefer to be able to set it each night since I wake up at different times occasionally and would like to turn it off for holidays, etc. I don't think it is too much to ask. Is this a known issue with the iOS apps? Is it a C4 programming issue? It would be nice to know who to direct my disapproval to, you know?

Hello all,

I don't post here often, but I do lurk almost everyday looking for new and cool ideas to implement into my home setup. So I know there is a ton of knowledge here and I am hoping to tap into it to help me with a little problem.

I have a wake scene that I use as an alarm clock in the morning (obviously). The scene itself works absolutely fine as I want it to, except for one issue. Once activated, I can't turn it off. It will continue to trigger every day regardless of whether I want it to or not. This is not appreciated on the weekends I am sure you can imagine.

A little info - I am running 2.0 software and I activate the scene via my iPhone. I turn it off with the iPhone and on the TV and it doesn't seem to matter, the thing is going to go off the next morning like clockwork.

We tried programming this once before with the same result. Last time, I just had the programmer delete the scene altogther so I wouldn't have to wait for him to come and troubleshoot it.

Help please!!

Thanks,

J

reread your post -- thats weird -- mine shut off fine when I toggled it with the IPAD?

Archived