C4 Forums | Control4

3D Manager Turns Old TVs into 3D-Capable Sets on CePro full info

Having said that, a kit with one encoder, two synch nodes with two IR emitters, and four pairs of 60/120 Hz 3D glasses might sell for less than $5,000 – a bargain for consumers or commercial enterprises with existing high-performance projectors and displays

Does this price allow me to send hdmi over ip or is that at an additional cost?

Chester,

At that price, you can send one source to one tv. If you want to have a matrix solution you would need a managed Gigbit switch. Dell 5000 or 6000 series are the ones i am familiar with.

Brent

I have an unmanaged gigabit switch. Can the encoder be plugged into this switch and the receiver be plugged in at a different location in the house via ip (just like the 2G JAP hdmi over ip solution), or am I completely misunderstanding how the encoder and receiver are interfaced?

Chester,

At that price, you can send one source to one tv. If you want to have a matrix solution you would need a managed Gigbit switch. Dell 5000 or 6000 series are the ones i am familiar with.

Brent

If I am not mistaken the initial package offering will include 1 3d manager, 1 2g JAP transmitter, 2 2g JAP receivers, 2 3d sync devices with 2 emitters, and 4 set of 60hz/120hz glasses. You will probably see other kits as well but this was is the initial offering I was referring to in the article.

Archived