C4 Forums | Control4

Export Media List?

Can't get the export Media List to work in ComposerME. Return message that director is not responding and at this point the controller appears to be locked up and I have to reboot it to even use it again. Anyone else experiencing a problem like this? HC300C running 2.06

34k songs at 185gig. I have answered yes to wait and it just continues to repeat the message. I don't think that is is doing anything after the first message. Looks like director has crashed at that point and I'm probably not even connected through Composer anymore. Also if I have the on screen navigator up I can see it disappear at this point and attempt to restart. Doesn't ever restart though without pulling power. I've noticed no other issues with the media.

I've had a similar message when I tried to import many playlists into C4. Composer is not the best written software (at least 1.7.4 isn't). What I believe happens is that when it looks as if it's locked up, it's actually doing something, and when it presents the message that it's not responding, it stops execution.

To work around this, I used a utility called AutoHotkey which basically watches for the popup, and clicks Ok everytime it pops up. Certainly a hack, but has worked great for me.

I explain the hack, and give the script source here:

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?pid=34123#p34123

Hope this helps

My music collection is about 55 gig/11k songs, and I think with the script, it was about 4 hours (w/o script it took 16 hours for me to keep hitting "yes" manually). It's been a while though, so I could be off.

I'd recommend kicking off before you go to bed, as you can't really do anything on that PC until the import is done.

Assuming it's the same message popup, that script should work with 1.7.4, if you're using a different version, or it's a different message, you may have to modify that script slightly, but nothing major.

Archived