C4 Forums | Control4

Announcement shows jpeg and text but doesn't play wav

I have several announcements set to do different things.

1. Doorbell - obviously when doorbell is pressed, activates doorbell announcement - jpeg displays on mini-touches and TV's, text displays on mini-touches and TV's, and wav file is supposed to play on selected speakers and defined volume.

2. Late For Work - at 8am, activates late for work announcement - jpeg displays on mini-touches and TV's, text displays on mini-touches and TV's, and wav file is supposed to play on selected speakers and defined volume.

Everything works but the wav files. The wav files containing the voice announcement don't play over the speakers. This has worked before, but now no sound.

Anyone else have this issue where the wav just stops playing? Seems simple, just can't get it to work consistently. On 2.0.6.

Thanks,

John

I've seen this before. Your WAV file needs to be in the right format:

We support 8 and 16 BIT WAV files at sample rates of:

I recommend mono also. Try re-encoding it at one of the above bitrates.

EDIT: this is assuming your delays are set correctly as the above post says.

Funny thing. I had a delay, and the wav was 16 bit.

But I finally figured it out...

I have a USB Thumb drive attached to the back of my 200 that I load mp3 lullabies for my daughter. I play them 24 hours in her room at low volume. While that was playing in her room, no Announcement wav files would play. As soon as I turned off her digital music in her room from the USB, the announcements started playing again.

Very strange.

Archived