C4 Forums | Control4

3 switch gang box...

Hopefully this is an easy one... I have 3 switches in a gang box...

one for recessed lighting (swapped for a dimmer)

one for ceiling fan (doesn't exist)

one for some receptacles in the room (I assume based on a upside down receptacle behind the couch)

to keep costs down I'm only putting in the dimmer for the recessed lighting in this room - I thought I could pick up up a couple of decora standard switches and a 3 switch face by decora to at least close out the look but it appears the that position of the devices within the plate isn't the same... any idea if there is a model of cheap switch in the same style where the openings all line up? I hope that makes sense... a picture might be worth a thousand words here.. thanks in advance.

-Wayne

Have you de-rated the C4 dimmer (broken off metal tabs)? The switches won't be the proper distance to fit a plate if you haven't.

Yes, I have. That's how you install them in a multi-gang installation. If you don't want to break the tabs off, you can buy one with a "blank" where it is a four gang box, with three holes (if that makes sense). That way you could have an empty space next to the C4 dimmer so you didn't have to break the tabs off.

Hopefully this is an easy one... I have 3 switches in a gang box...

one for recessed lighting (swapped for a dimmer)

one for ceiling fan (doesn't exist)

one for some receptacles in the room (I assume based on a upside down receptacle behind the couch)

to keep costs down I'm only putting in the dimmer for the recessed lighting in this room - I thought I could pick up up a couple of decora standard switches and a 3 switch face by decora to at least close out the look but it appears the that position of the devices within the plate isn't the same... any idea if there is a model of cheap switch in the same style where the openings all line up? I hope that makes sense... a picture might be worth a thousand words here.. thanks in advance.

-Wayne

Put the C4 dimmer one on end, and snap the taps off the inside. That will allow it to fit a standard faceplate.

It is a levitron and I did break off the tabs so it would fit.. it's more of a fitting from a north south perspective... I've included a couple of pictures... the levitron's sit about a full 1/8 lower

http://www.creative123.com/img_1670.jpg

http://www.creative123.com/img_1671.jpg

Sorry guys I couldn't figure out how to attach images... I dumped them out on a site I had access to :D

Archived