C4 Forums | Control4

Hi and looking for some help

ruckus

Frist I want to say hello to everyone and thank everyone in advance for any help they can provide. After reading many posts I can tell there are people here who are both passionate and knowledgeable about the control4 product. I am an end user who just had a control4 system installed and am having some troubles. My installer still has some work to do but some of my issues witht he system are explained by the installer is "that's how the system works". If they are correct I can learn to live with some of the issues if they are just being lazy or ingnornat they I will have to give them some guidance. My basic system is as follows: Control4, two comcast cable boxe, one Direct Tivo Sony Sat-T60, integra dvd/cd changer, one yamaha cd/dvd changer, control4 thermostats, 8 input by three out put switch of some sort and two panasonic plasma tvs. If I left out osme detail I can look it up but as a typical end user I don't know what all the parts are called. Here are the issues I am having:

1. When watching TV I only get sound out of the center speaker. Some surround sound programs come through all te speakers some do not. On my old system I got sound out of all speakers all the time, but only got true surrond sound if the program was encoded for surround. Is there a way to get sound out of all speakers when program is not made in surround sound. My installer says no. This is not a hughe annoyance but it still seems odd to me. Any suggestions?

2. When listing to the radio there is no way for me to tell what station I am listing to. The installer programed presets but all I can do is up or down arrow and wait for an announcer to call out a station number. The also does not seem to be a way to enter a station number directly by pushing the numbers on the kepad for a specific station. Is this how the control4 four system is supposed to work?

3. When I hit music and select the integra oryamaha changer there is no way to tell what disc is in the machine and if a dvd is the first disc in the changer I get audio from that disc. Also I can not seem to figure out how to move to the next disc in the changer. Shouldn't there be a way to select the next disc or a certain disc number and is there a desply anywhere of what disc are in the changer?

The system is new and I'm sure there will be a few more glitches but these are what I have noticed so far. I hate my first post being one complaining and asking for help, but I'd appreciate any guidance that teh expecrts here have. Thanks

1) Change your receiver from Dolby surround to 5 Channel Stereo.

2) This is how it works using a third party tuner

3) There isn't bi-directional feedback from a changer typically, but you can put buttons to specify which disc you would like to go to, or to skip discs.

Thanks for the quick answer

Is there a control4 tuner that works better as far as the radio goes?

Are there CD/DVD players that are bidirectional? Is the sony 400 disc changer bi-directional?

you're answering your own questions ruckus -

C4 makes an AM/FM/XM tuner that should make you happy (well, not the price, but the features).

And the Sony 777 is bi-directional over RS232

Just wanted to make sure.......thanks for the help....I'll stick around and see what else I can learn. One last question for today.....Is there any way for an end user to program the remotes or do you need a dealer program to do this?

Archived