C4 Forums | Control4

Message thread disappears?

Searching for some information on C4 irrigation control I came across a recent C4 press release:

http://www.control4.com/about-us/press/2010/09/23/app-for-that/

Within it there is an announcement of the "My Yard Sprinkler" app which was presumably demoed or at least announced at CEDIA EXPO 2010 by C4... see last paragraph under "Energy Management" in the full press release...

"Customers will be able to better monitor their water consumption with the My Yard Sprinkler app which allows customers to program and set watering schedules directly from the Control4® interface. Previewed at CEDIA EXPO 2010, this highly desirable feature will expand the Control4 interface to include irrigation control for the first time."

I came across this discussion thread via a Google search, but it has disappeared from the forum...

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?pid=66984

Here is the Google cached discussion:

http://tinyurl.com/3e5sutd

Any reason this topic was deleted? and by whom?

And most importantly.... any information on the "My Yard Sprinkler" app?

I know that if the OP deletes the original post, it deletes the thread.

I have no idea if this is what happened or not.

In 5 years I've been on this forum, I have only seen three of four threads removed by CytexOne, and they were threads that desperately needed to be removed. I cannot imagine it was deleted by them.

I haven't heard any info on the Sprinkler app, and I can only imagine the thread was deleted by mistake, as it appears there wasn't anything malignant in it, and I agree with Dan, CytexOne doesn't just willy-nilly delete threads.

I have a hypothesis, although I can't prove it, I suspect maybe spam got posted to the thread, and the admin who removed the spam accidentally deleted the thread instead of just the spam post.

But that's just a theory, that I have no way to prove.

RyanE

Just to confirm - definitely wasn't maliciously done by us. We started this forum to help Control4 information/ideas propagate & flourish (or at least always have the opportunity). If the thread was deleted, as Ryan said, it was simply accidental as a result of the rampant spam postings. If that was the case, I sincerely apologize (on behalf of CytexOne), and will be more cautious in the spam-cleaning process.

Andy

Thanks for the replies... I wasn't suggesting that the hosts were trying to hide some information... :) I'm just really curious about the Lawn Sprinkler App that was demoed... does anyone have any info on that? I'll start another topic on it using the press release.

thanks all....

Archived