C4 Forums | Control4

Need help on Control4 light switch/dimmer

skyjack

HI, I'm a newbie for home automation and planning to get a HC-300C and some switch/dimmer for my sitting room.

My friend in US has some used control4 dimmers can be given to me. But I wonder can they be used in my place(Hong Kong, 220v supply). As I checked the on Control4 US website, the dimmer work with 120V supply, but in China website it said work with 120-240v supply.

Moreover, I can only find single button keypad on Control4 website, is that other keypad with 2 or 3 buttons can be found?

Thanks Thanks!!

There is no such thing as the single button keypad- this will be the two button keypad.( it has one button, but can be pressed top and bottom and programmed accordingly)

As for the china website, are you sure this was not the keypad you where looking at? I think the keypad may work on both voltages, (but I have never proven this). Certainly keypads that I have seen show 110-240v on the case.

My current thinking is that the dimmers and switches are one or the other, but Im happy to be told I'm wrong. (certainly that's how they are marked on the devices )

Thanks~~

I finally found the 2/3/6 keypad in C4 websitre, but seems can't be used as light switch..

any other brand light switch with more than 1 button can be linked up with C4 system wirelessly?

The Control4 switch and / or dimmer does have 2 buttons. Top and Bottom, which raise and lower the light level.

I know of no Control4-compatible 3rd-party light switches / dimmers that have more than 2 buttons.

Most 3rd parties (like Control4) have both keypads, with multiple buttons, and switches / dimmers, which have 2.

RyanE

Hi Ryan,

So if I have 3 sets of light in the room, I should install 3 light switch panels to control?

As I live in Hong Kong, the switch panels are UK standard (square shape instead of Retangle shape). does Control4 has UK standard switch panel?

Thanks

I don't believe Control4 currently sells in-wall dimmers like the US versions in a UK form factor.

Control4 does have solutions for international lighting, but you'd really have to talk to a UK dealer to know what those are.

Sorry, I just don't know all that much about it.

RyanE

• 1 year later...

We have Zigbee switch compatible with Control4 for EU standard 220-240V

www.smartsolutionserbia.com/en/

Product update

SW-DIM-M1 new version

The popular SW-DIM-M1 wall panel is available in a new version from 2013.

Our standard warranty is 5 years all faulty devices during warranty we will replace with new one.

Hope after you receive our information, please feedback your opinion to see which model best suits your needs.

We will be happy to answer any questions you may have and explain the unique features and benefits of our products.

Archived