C4 Forums | Control4

Apple lossless

Does anyone haves a good way of streaming apple lossless audio from iTunes through an hc300...dealer said he couldn't find any audio when trying to get it tovstream through my 300... He put in an app etc instead, but I would rather just go through the 300

Your first start is to visit c4central.com

I recall reading a nice little review of the problems of controlling the new appletV vs the old appleTV

Go from there...

Also search here....(just search "itunes") ...this topic has been raised several times before over the years. :)

Im not sure from your posts whether you want to stream via an HC300/C4 set up or to the Apple tV (controlled by C4)...But basically there are other itunes compatible non appletv setups out there (that can be integrated with Control4), and newer ones keep coming up all the time., including of course airplay now streaming right to receivers...I'll leave it at that...

Does anyone haves a good way of streaming apple lossless audio from iTunes through an hc300...dealer said he couldn't find any audio when trying to get it tovstream through my 300... He put in an app etc instead, but I would rather just go through the 300

I am doing just that. I have an appleTv ver 1 with audio out to a 300. My 300 then has audio in to my 8 channel amp, it also will also run over Ethernet to the out of other 300s in the house.

I use the extra vegetables driver for the AppleTV. This won't work with ver 2 of the ATV.

Archived