C4 Forums | Control4

New Installation - Centralize All Video Gear in a Rack?

Sorry for the remedial question, but how would the wiring work? Why do you need more than two cat5e wires to the TV display? I would think you could use one for the JAP HDMI signal and one for the IR signal. You would not have a local blue ray in this example. I don't have as complex of install as the OP, but this is an interesting topic that the potential installer I talked to did not bring up.

Glenn

Sorry for the remedial question, but how would the wiring work? Why do you need more than two cat5e wires to the TV display? I would think you could use one for the JAP HDMI signal and one for the IR signal. You would not have a local blue ray in this example. I don't have as complex of install as the OP, but this is an interesting topic that the potential installer I talked to did not bring up.

Glenn

It is always a good idea to have some extra wire. You may need a network connection or wanted to add something in the future. Wire is inexpensive and if you are running one or two it is not that much more to run three of four.

I have installed and used the just add power product and i couldnt be happier with the product and support with Ed! I wish could fit more transmitters in a 1u form factor :)

Archived