C4 Forums | Control4

Composer ME not showing albums

drmark12pa

I just had my system set up with now the HC1000, HC300, and an HC200. I have 3900 CDs in my database but they will not show up in the Composer but do show up in the on screen navigator as well as on my SR250 remotes.

My dealer originally said due to the number of CDs I have on my hard drive I would need the HC1000 to handle all of them. However, after the scan completed tonight with adding the HC1000, still no MP3 media showing up in Composer so I might do editing. All of the video on my hard drive does show up....

When I click on the left pane in the file where my MP3s are housed, the Composer times out and says "Director is not responding to commands. Would you like to keep waiting for a response?" and it shows disconnected in the lower right hand corner.

I thought Control4 doesn't have any limitations on numbers of media files and certainly with the HC1000 I would think this wouldn't be a problem....

Any ideas?

I'm running the newest 2.1 which my dealer just installed as he just had the newest software release (he's a beta tester)... but I was having trouble with it with 2.? version just before the update as well which led to the use of the HC1000....

I'm just wondering if Control4 Composer can handle that many CDs which show up in the onscreen navigator but Composer times out when trying to load them (I want to edit them for correct artwork and such)...

Archived